Whilst splashing out on a summer house or log cabin for your garden can be a considerable financial commitment, this extra room can be used for a wide variety of activities, making it a very worthwhile investment of your time and money. You never know it could even add a little extra value to your house!
Top Ten Tips for your Summer House or Log Cabin
- Family room. For the modern day family, spending time together can be difficult to arrange, as everyone seems to have a busy life. Making a space for family time can help you make time for family time. Perhaps deciding to use your summer house or log cabin for evening meals or Sunday dinners can help keep your family close and in touch.
- Chill-out zone. If you're a hard working professional, a full-time parent, or just like to kick back in your own space, then you could create the perfect chill out zone at the bottom of your garden. Deck out your summer house or log cabin with bean bags, big cushions and easy-listening music, lay back, and enjoy!
- Home cinema. A home cinema is a luxury that is not always easy to fit into your home, which is why your summer house or log cabin would be the perfect place to install a large screen and some comfortable seating. Use your home cinema to spend time with your family without having to drive into town, or impress your friends by having a private screening of the latest releases.
- Children's nursery. If you've got young ones in the house, but don't have a spare room to convert into a nursery, then a summer house or log cabin is the perfect answer to providing a separate playing space for your children. Perhaps lay some old carpet and bring in a few comfy chairs and bean bags, and your children can be free to play until their heart's content without leaving toys strewn across your living room floor.
- Home gym. Many of us have the desire to stay in shape, but not the time, money or motivation. These obstacles can be overcome by using your summer house or log cabin as a home gym. By installing a home gym, there will be no commute to stress you out, not queuing for equipment, and no feeling self-conscious working out alongside other gym-goers. Just remember to strengthen the floor if installing heavy training equipment.
- Garden office. A large summer house or a log cabin kit can provide an excellent setting for a home office in your garden. Setting up a garden office means that you can work as hard as you like without the unnecessary distractions sometimes found within the family home. Electrical packs can be added to a log cabin to aid you in setting up a garden office.
- Study room. Okay, we've called this a study room, but in reality your summer house or log cabin could be used by your teenagers simply as a place to hang out. True, they might not be doing their homework, but save yourself from teenage mood swings and hormones, and provide them with their own garden room in which to relax.
- Creativity room. If you or someone in your family has a creative edge, allow them to express it in a dedicated summer house or log cabin. This garden room can be used as a garden studio for painting, sculpting or pottery, or even as a photo studio and gallery. Using your summer house or log cabin in this way puts good use to those evening classes, and provides you with a peaceful environment away from the busy house in which to indulge your creative pursuits.
- Man-cave. A summer house or log cabin makes a wonderful refuge for the working man. A summer house or log cabin can be used as a retreat in which the man of the house can watch his choice of TV, whether it be sport, documentaries or horror films, entertain his friends, and play some pool or darts.
- Beauty salon. The other alternative to the much-hyped man cave would be to create a female garden retreat in your summer house or log cabin. This garden room could house a miniature beauty salon, complete with foot spa, massage chair and the full body care range of products, perfect for getting the girls round and having a nice in together.
Picking your perfect summer house or log cabin will depend on how you plan to use it. Summer houses and log cabins are available in a variety of sizes and designs, meaning that you can select the right choice for your particular garden size and layout. Check out our full ranges of summer houses and log cabins.