Many women dream of having the luxury of a room of their own. But not all homes have enough space to dedicate a whole room to luxury.
With this guide, you can bring that dream to life.
A garden shed is the perfect space for a she-shed. With a solid base, damp-proofing, power and heating, the shed can become a comfortable,warm, dry haven for reading, crafting or just relaxing with a glass of something nice.
Details are in the full pdf download, but here’s a summary of our guide to converting a new or existing garden building into the perfect she-shed.
She-shed conversion guide:
- Start your planning. Make two lists: one outlining what you will Use your she shed for, and another to list the Requirements that will arise.
- Plan your she shed’s layout and size, based on available space, Requirements and budget.
- Assess the state of any current shed, as well as its location to determine if there are any maintenance or positioning issues to deal with before conversion starts.
- Make a job list detailing what and who you will need, and when, for each job during the process.
- Damp-proof the structure with wood preservative, breathable membranes, and intact roofing felt.
- Thoroughly insulate the shed’s walls, floor and ceiling. Cover with plasterboard, tongue and groove or ply.
- Install electricity via either the mains, wind or solar power.
- Fit the shed with proper heating.
- Connect your she shed to the internet through your home. Use WiFi, a powerline adapter or even tether to your mobile.
- Fit your shed with a water butt and guttering, or connect to mains water.
- Secure the shed with sturdy locks.
- Furnish and install storage.
- Decorate according to your tastes.
Download the guide now, and create your perfect she-shed space.