Waltons installation service
If you’re daunted by the prospect of installing your new shed or garden building yourself, why not save yourself the hassle and have our team do it for you? Just add installation to your package when you buy your garden building, and we’ll guide you through the rest of the process, from making sure your site is suitable to delivering your shed, erecting it, and – as you’d expect from a team of professionals – clearing up afterwards.
Waltons Installation Service
Here’s how Waltons installation service works:
- • Add installation to your purchase by checking the box in the ‘customise your options’ section.
- • We'll send you an email confirmation plus our installation guide and questionnaire.
- • Our guide gives you all the information you need to prepare your site and build a suitable base for your shed.
- • Once your base is ready, give Waltons a call to arrange your delivery and install slots. We will ask for photo evidence of your base and access to the site, just to ensure our team will be able to install your building without a hitch.
- • On delivery day, we will text you details of your two hour arrival window with a link to tracking software so you can see where our drivers are and when they’ll be with you – no need to wait in all day!
- • On installation day, our team will call in the morning with a rough ETA, install your shed to a professional standard, and clean up afterwards, leaving you to enjoy your new garden building.
How do I buy the Waltons installation service?
If your preferred shed or garden building is available with installation as an add-on, you’ll see it clearly stated in the product specification. When placing your order, all you need to do is check the box marked ‘Home Installation Service’ or, if you prefer to add both installation and finishing to your package, check the ‘Ready Painted and Home Installation Service’ option.
How do I ensure my site is suitable for the Waltons installation service?
To make sure the installation of your garden building runs smoothly, it’s vital that we have good access to your site, and that the site itself is fit for purpose. To meet our minimum requirements, we need:
- • Direct access to the site – we regret that we can’t undertake an install where access is difficult or indirect, i.e. through a house, garage, or neighbouring property.
- • A level site - to check, place a long piece of timber along the length and breadth of the site and, placing a spirit level on top of it, make sure that the bubble is comfortably within the two lines.
- • A minimum of 60cm (2ft) of space surrounding the site - this is to give our installers room to work safely, and makes sure there is adequate air circulation around your building.
- • A base of suitable construction that’s at least as big as the footprint of the shed and which is square to the corners – check by measuring across the diagonals (they should be the same length).
When your garden is ready, a member of our delivery team will contact you to arrange the best dates for you for the delivery and installation of your new garden building.
What sort of base should I build for my garden building?
To make sure your garden building gives you many years of good service, it’s vital that it is built on a solid, level base. There are a few different options for your base, such as:
- • Wooden frame base
- • Poured concrete base
- • Paving slab base
- • Portabase
If you’re a competent DIYer, you may wish to construct your own base. Before you begin, check out our guide: ‘How to build a shed base’. This guide gives you the information you need to choose the most appropriate base, and provides detailed step-by-step instructions to guide you through every step of the process.
Purchasing a Portabase? Our installers will be happy to set this up for you, simply select the portabase installation option too! Please note, you’ll still need a level site with a drop across the gradient of no more than 65mm.
For those who’re not keen to build their shed base themselves, we recommend employing the services of a local builder.
I’ve built my base, what happens next?
When you’re happy that your site and base meet our requirements, give our team a ring to book your delivery and installation slots. We always aim to deliver your shed 48 hours before installation. This is to give you time to check over your purchase to make sure you’re entirely happy with it before our team arrives to erect it for you.
We’ll send you a text on delivery day stipulating a two hour window during which your purchase will arrive. This text comes with a link which you can use to access our tracking system – you’ll be able to see where the shed is and when it’s due to arrive.
On installation day, our teams of installers work between the hours of 7am and 7pm to get the job done over one or two days, depending on the building you’ve chosen. We’ll call in the morning with a rough ETA for the installation team. If you’re not going to be in all day, don't worry! We can often complete the install unsupervised – just make sure you fill in the correct part of the questionnaire sent to you when you purchased your installation.
The installation team has arrived
When our team arrives, they’ll check to make sure you’ve met our access and site requirements and then get straight to work. You can expect a high level of professionalism from the Waltons team, who’ll construct your new building to an exacting standard.
Once complete, we always clear up after ourselves, removing packaging and any rubbish from the build, leaving you to get straight on with enjoying your new garden building.
Booking installation with your shed or garden building saves you time and hassle, and ensures your purchase is well put together for the beginning of its long life.