How to turn your shed into a she-shed
Turn your tool shed into a bespoke she-shed in which to relax and unwind.
Our practical info pack gives you all the advice you need to make the transformation. From heating, lighting and insulation, to ideas for decoration and storage solutions, our pdf guide is free to download and share.
She-shed conversion guide:
- Start your planning. Make two lists: one outlining what you will use your she shed for, and another to list the requirements that will arise.
- Plan your she shed’s layout and size, based on available space, requirements and budget.
- Assess the state of any current shed, as well as its location to determine if there are any maintenance or positioning issues to deal with before conversion starts.
- Make a job list detailing what and who you will need, and when, for each job during the process.
- Damp-proof the structure with wood preservative, breathable membranes, and intact roofing felt.
- Thoroughly insulate the shed’s walls, floor and ceiling. Cover with plasterboard, tongue and groove or ply.
- Install electricity via either the mains, wind or solar power.
- Fit the shed with proper heating.
- Connect your she shed to the internet through your home. Use WiFi, a powerline adapter or even tether to your mobile.
- Fit your shed with a water butt and guttering, or connect to mains water.
- Secure the shed with sturdy locks.
- Furnish and install storage.
- Decorate according to your tastes.
Download the guide now, and create your perfect she-shed space.